You are invited to experience the peace and beauty of Kashi’s sacred grounds. On Saturday afternoons Kashi offers ‘Interfaith Saturdays’ with different options to see, experience and learn about different aspects of Kashi. Bring yourself, bring your friends, bring your family!
- 3 pm: Guided Tours of Kashi’s Interfaith Temples
- Get a guided tour of the shrines and temples representative of many faiths that surround the Ganga pond at the heart of Kashi Ashram. Meet at the Kashi office. Call to reserve a spot 772.589.1403 x 0
- 4 pm, first option: Free Kali Natha Yoga Class
- Suitable for a novice or any level of practitioner, this class introduces Kali Natha Yoga, the mystical yoga brought to us by Ma Jaya, in a free class led by an experienced teacher. Meet at the front yoga studio at 3.50 pm. Some mats available.
- 4 pm, second option: Tours of Sustainable Kashi
- Get a guided tour of the Sustainable Kashi farm areas at Kashi including the many fruit trees and vegetables planted according to Permaculture design. Meet at the Kashi office. Call to reserve a spot 772.589.1403 x 0
- 5 pm: Vegetarian Dinner
- Enjoy Kashi’s outstanding, mostly organic, vegetarian food. $15. You will find out why our guests rave about the food and always come back for seconds! Held at Laxman Dining Hall.
- 6.30 pm: Satsang Meditation
- Join in chanting, meditation and the sharing of Ma Jaya’s teachings led by one of Kashi’s Swamis or long term residents. Held at Kashi Dattatreya Temple (just behind the Kashi office). Please be dressed modestly (no shorts or tank tops). The evening ends with prasad – blessed food, usually a sweet, at Laxman Dining Hall.
Some Saturdays may have other programs going on. Please check the calendar on the Kashi website before coming or call 77s.589.1403 x 0.
Overnight stays are available upon request. See Visiting Kashi for information and details.